Learning Curve and Availability of Resources
- The amount of code a software developer has to write is minimal, which is a huge plus for busy software developers.
- Ext JS supports IoC (Inversion of Control), which can be very handy in controlling the program flow.
- The amount of code a software developer has to write is comparatively greater in some cases, which would lead to significantly higher development time.
- Even in AngularJS all learning resources are organized systematically, which certainly does help a software developer.
Cross Browser Compatibility
- The great news it that Ext JS is fully compatible with Internet Explores 6.0 to the latest version of Internet Explorer. And it also supports all versions of Firefox internet browser, starting from Firefox 1.5 onwards.
- It is an awesome and fulfilling experience, while switching to new releases and other 3rd party supported libraries in the Ext JS framework.
- AngularJS loses to Ext JS, when it comes to cross-browser compatibility support, it is somewhat disappointing that AngularJS works well only from Internet Explorer 8.0 onwards and doesn’t support any older versions.
Ready-made Availability of Components
Ready-made availability of components helps software developers to quickly churn out a software solution, without wasting their precious time trying to code from scratch.
- Ext JS has a lot of predefined infrastructure, which can be immensely useful to a software developer. All that a software developer has to know is which one to use when and wire them up. It is certainly a useful feature of the Ext JS framework.
- However, with my experience, I would recommend you to start from scratch as a ready-made component may not be very user friendly and would require a lot of customization.
- AngularJS framework offers a unique feature, where an external component based framework can be plugged in (e.g. Kendo UI, JQuery), which gives immense power to a software developer, the entire control lies with the software developer. It is as simple as ‘make it and use it’.
Single Page User Interface / Application
Support for Themes
Themes allow software developers to create rich and robust applications, many software developers prefer using themes, which help them to create applications swiftly.
- Additionally, these can be further extended depending on a software developer’s requirement. However, a little bit of expertise is required to extend these themes.
- Well, sadly AngularJS offers no implicit support for themes, which is a little disappointing.
- However, the positive point is that AngularJS is highly flexible and can accommodate other theme frameworks, which can be easily installed.
- Although, initial loading takes a bit of time, but it is quite responsive once it loads, which is certainly helpful to a software developer.
- The Directive options provided in AngularJS framework makes the event driven functionality highly efficient, much better than .live feature in jQuery. Additionally, the way AngularJS framework handles page rendering is seamless.
- Ext JS is considered as the industry’s best standard UI for mobile.
- However, it disappoints slightly when switching the applications from the mobile version to desktop and vice-versa, certainly not seamless
- Switching applications from mobile to desktop and vice-versa is dependent on the mobile plugin which is selected on top of AngularJS.
Unit Testing Framework Support (In Built)
Having an inherent unit test framework allows software developers and software testers to analyze the quality of the software code. It can further help in improving the software development process.
- The unit test framework support has certain drawbacks, only logical and event tests can be performed.
- AngularJS scores very well in this segment; it supports all types of external framework (such as Jasmine) and also has an inherent framework (such as Protractor).
Licensed Vs Open source
- Well, not everything comes for free in the Ext JS framework, however, you may find certain features that are absolutely free.
- There is always a chance of exposing our code to the outside world.
- AngularJS framework is absolutely free, some advantage of being powered by Google.
Data Binding and Templating
- Ext JS framework offers two way data binding options, which is certainly useful.
- Inbuilt templating available, which is a big advantage for Ext JS framework users.
- Even the AngularJS framework offers two way data binding options.
- As like ExtJS, Angular does not depend on external templating library and, has the templating inbuilt.