By 2025, 70% of new applications developed by enterprises will use low-code or no-code technologies, up from less than 25% in 2020, according to Gartner’s report.
Traditional manufacturing processes are rife with manual and labor-intensive tasks that impact productivity and business outcomes. Since development and product life cycles are becoming shorter day by day, the complexities of the manufacturing industry are increasing. Down the road, industries will require customized digital business solutions to tackle increasing market competition.
Manufacturers can stay ahead of the curve by leveraging quick and efficient low-code solutions. Industries can achieve operational excellence as well as meet their customers’ needs in no time. These platforms offer quick development of software applications without the need for writing code. Smart manufacturers are widely utilizing these platforms to drive Industry 4.0.
The Digital Revolution Post-Pandemic
Prior to the pandemic, manufacturers were reluctant to adopt digital manufacturing. However, the difficulties encountered by manufacturers during Covid-19 accelerated digital adoption in businesses of all sizes.
The pandemic imposed enormous pressure on manufacturers to address the labor shortage and reduce time to market along with production costs. Factors such as changing consumer behaviors, skill shortage, and intense competition during and post-pandemic have pushed manufacturing industries to embrace technologies such as low code.
In fact, Gartner predicts that low-code application development will account for more than 65% of application development activity by 2024.
How Low Code Empowers Manufacturers
- Faster implementation– Any typical development life cycle can last months or years. A low-code approach, on the other hand, makes the software development process faster and easier. In addition to increased business agility, enterprises can rapidly adopt new technologies and processes.
- Address the labor shortage issue– According to the Society of Manufacturing Engineers, 89% of manufacturers in the United States are struggling to find skilled workers. Low-code tools are used to automate manual industrial workflows such as manual data entry, customer interaction, etc. Hence, solving the problem of labor shortage while improving productivity.
- Easy integration with legacy systems– As the low-code platform is often compatible with the legacy systems, it can bring manufacturers’ legacy systems on par with the latest technologies. By connecting legacy systems to data networks, a manufacturing facility can be completely digitized.
Gartner predicted that three-quarters of large enterprises will use at least four low-code development tools for IT application development by 2024.
Benefits of Low Code in the Manufacturing Industry
From sales and CRM to supply chain management, low-code offers the flexibility to build a tailored and scalable solution that is unique to your business. Let’s look at a few of the many benefits of a low-code approach in the manufacturing industry:
- Streamlines the supply chain – Manufacturers are using low-code smart applications to streamline their supply chain. Industries can maintain supply and operations while optimizing inventory and logistics with low-code solutions.
- Increases productivity and operational efficiency – Low-code solutions automate tasks to improve efficiency by saving employees’ time spent on back-office manual activities such as invoices, data entry, etc. Data is easily accessible and quickly shared between teams, increasing productivity.
- Meeting changing market needs faster – Low code can respond quickly to changing business needs. To support market requirements, manufacturers are turning to low code as it is easy to deploy and saves money in the long run.
- Improved customer experience – Customers expect businesses to provide them with faster and more personalized services. The low-code platform offers better customer experience solutions such as customer portals, order management processes, and real-time updates.
- Custom business solutions – Create customizable applications for specific business needs using low code. From customized inventory management systems to self-service portals, manufacturers are gravitating towards low code to remove process bottlenecks.
How Evoke can Assist you in Maximizing the Potential of Low Code Platforms
Evoke Technologies is a proud authorized partner of Pegasystems and OutSystems. Our experts understand your business complexities and build custom low-code solutions from the ground up. We offer end-to-end low-code services by leveraging leading platforms, Pega Systems and OutSystems, to help optimize your customer satisfaction.
Our low-code services range from consulting and platform assessment to application development and support, assisting enterprises with their evolving business needs.
Our Pega automation capabilities assisted one of our leading clients in accurately processing order fulfillment and providing high-quality service to its customers. Our solution helped the client save time navigating multiple systems, reduce cross-functional dependencies, and deliver faster results.
Low-code solutions enable manufacturers of all sizes to kick start their transition to smart manufacturing through easy integration and reduced costs. The main aspect of smart manufacturing is the interconnection of employees, processes, and systems. Low code enables traditional manufacturers to achieve process modernization and scalable implementation.
In the age of digital transformation, low-code is simply the new way to go.